Get your life back in 10 weeks
Online course for prolapse recovery
I have learnt so much about my body and how to exercise safely through Tracey’s guidance and care. I no longer experience any heaviness.
10 to 12 week online video course, designed and led by a specialist physiotherapist
- Start to feel the benefits within 3 weeks
- Expertly developed program that gets results (full details below)
- Weekly/fortnightly videos with homework
- Understand and tackle prolapse
- One-off £50 payment for 6 months access to course
Tracey Gjertsen is an experienced musculoskeletal and women’s health physiotherapist based in Lincolnshire. This course allows you to benefit from Tracey’s extensive knowledge and expertise, achieving the same successful outcomes as her many satisfied clients.
More about Tracey
Having worked in sport and fitness for many years, Tracey believes in supporting women to stay active and strong throughout every phase of life.
Tracey graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a First Class Honours Degree in Physiotherapy and has undertaken research and postgraduate studies in Pelvic Health. She is Chartered and State Registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and is a member of the Pelvic and Obstetrics Gynaecological Physiotherapy group and the British Menopause Society.
She has special interests in Menopause Management and Post-Natal Recovery and delivers The Mummy MOT at the Lincoln Pilates Studio. Tracey incorporates her skills as a Clinical Pilates teacher and Hypopressive (LPF) trainer to help women along their very individual path to recovery and fitness.
“Got that heavy feeling?”
10-12 Week Prolapse Recovery Online Course – £50
If you have been told that you have a prolapse, have noticed a feeling of heaviness or a bulge in the vagina and want to understand what is happening then this course is for you.
You will learn what a prolapse is, what you can do to improve symptoms and importantly which activities to avoid that may make it worse
Each week will include daily homework for you to do between sessions and prolapse friendly exercises to make you stronger.
Learn all about pessaries and when they are appropriate, supportive underwear- does it work? What to expect from surgery and how to prepare for and recover from it.
If you are experiencing pelvic pain, irregular bleeding or discharge please see your GP before joining this program. If you are not sure if this program is appropriate for you please get in touch.
Oh and yes you can still have sex!
The course consists of 6 units, each with a 50 to 60 minute video and homework. In addition there are highly informative videos on pessaries, surgery and hypopressive breathing. Ideally the course will be completed in 10-12 weeks but you will have access to it for 6 months.
Week 1. What is it and what is it doing down there?
- What is a prolapse, where has it come from and why don’t I feel it all the time?
- When to seek help
- How do I know if pelvic floor exercises can make it worse?
- Why the way you breathe may help
- What activities make it worse?
- Can I still have sex?
Week 2. Why does breathing and posture matter?
- Why the way I stand affects prolapse
- Would a pessary work for me?
- Hypopressive technique
- Prolapse-safe coughing
- The best positions to do pelvic floor exercise in
Week 3. Planning for Surgery
- What if I need surgery?
- Incorporating breathing and pelvic floor exercises
- Hypopressive exercises
- Prolapse friendly Pilates exercises
Week 4. Bringing it together
- Hypopressive breathing
- Standing pelvic floor work
- Prolapse friendly Pilates exercises
Week 5. Keeping it Real
- Living life with a prolapse
- Functional activities to help you stay strong inside and out
- Pilates for Prolapse
Week 6. You are on your own now
- Daily maintenance plan
- 20 minute exercise program